Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /usr/home/owlcroft/public_html/greatsfandf/forums/common.php on line 106
Great Science-Fiction & Fantasy Works • View topic - The best in Science Fiction and Fantasy from E. I. Velasquez

The best in Science Fiction and Fantasy from E. I. Velasquez

discussions not about particular authors or books

Re: The best in Science Fiction and Fantasy from E. I. Velasquez

Postby DavidTate on Tuesday, 21 September 2010, 10:56 pm

Let's see...

Amazon.com publisher blurb written by the author, not quite grammatically but in day-glo hyperbole? check

One lone user review, 5 stars? check

Statistically Improbable Phrases (SIPs):
fast tank, land octopus, fast lizards, hover cycles, snow cats, blue sand, nasty bugs, roach creatures, warrior elves, sharp fur, lizard soldiers, porcupine creatures, scorpion robots, scorpion tanks, warrior creatures, frustrating voice, walking tanks, vision ball, sand warriors, skeleton robots, claw device, beast warriors, alien warriors, skull staff, elf language

I think I'll pass.
David Tate
Professor of Story Problems, emeritus
Rationalist with sombrero
Baseballogist
DavidTate

Re: The best in Science Fiction and Fantasy from E. I. Velasquez

Postby owlcroft on Wednesday, 22 September 2010, 3:28 am

Note: the original post in this thread has been deleted.

Drat: I let another one sneak by. Mr. Velasquez, if he return here, is still able to post; I left it that way in the hope that he may see fit to participate as an honest member of the community, discussing things of general interest rather than posting what was, in the long and the short, just an unpaid advertiesment for his wares.

I still don't know why people do that. Do they really imagine that they are going to attract potential readers and convince them to buy their shlock? If the work is any good, it will be discovered and written about by honest critics and readers.
Cordially,
Eric Walker, webmaster
owlcroft

Return to Speculative Fiction in General