William Meinhold

for discussing authors not listed here, main list or "possibles"

William Meinhold

Postby Dogtuckerman on Thursday, 05 May 2011, 3:00 pm

I am going to plead the case for the inclusion of William Meinhold and specifically his novel Sidonia the Sorceress. I came across this fantastic piece of speculative fiction whilst leafing through a book (I forget the title) which took an unusual biographical route of examining a subject by what was found on his bookshelf.

The subject in question was Oscar Wilde and the title that leapt out at me was Sidonia the Sorceress. It is only available in rather expensive, limited-print run copies, however the entire wonderful text is available online from Project Gutenberg.

I can tell you very little about the author save that he was German and that Sidonia appears to have been written sometime in the 19th century. I confess a small part of my reason for posting is to see if any of you good people can tell me more? A google search produces refreshingly few results!

As to the work itself. The concept is wonderful and I find Meinhold's style fantastically economical, colourful and really first rate.

I would love to hear from anyone else on this.

Many thanks for reading and I look forward to contributing regularly to these forums (this is my first post).

Chris Wheatley
Dogtuckerman

Re: William Meinhold

Postby DavidTate on Thursday, 05 May 2011, 11:46 pm

Meinhold's works Sidonia the Sorceress and The Amber Witch are apparently available as Kindle e-books from Amazon.

The ISFDB has never heard of Meinhold. Neither had I.
David Tate
Professor of Story Problems, emeritus
Rationalist with sombrero
Baseballogist
DavidTate

Re: William Meinhold

Postby aiza11 on Thursday, 15 August 2013, 2:42 am

Success is 100 % guaranteed with the Passguide for more information to visit EXIN for more details to visit Youtube and also see on Japan Management Association and also more seen Amazon Best of luck.
aiza11

Return to Author Suggestions