new author

for discussing authors not listed here, main list or "possibles"

new author

Postby ellensin on Thursday, 19 November 2009, 12:25 am

Hello I just read a new fantasy book "The Sword Of Ages" by kay Gossage. I relly enjoyed it. I think it would make a great addition to the club. :D

I found it on Lulu.com. I was looking around and came across it. I was glad i did. So far I have not found it anyplace else. There is a downlaod version too.
ellensin

Re: new author

Postby owlcroft on Sunday, 22 November 2009, 6:44 pm

"The club"?

Ellen, it is considered poor practice to join numerous forums--

• coolscifi.com
  • bookchatcentral.yuku.com
  • bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com
  • forums.greatsfandf.com
--for the sole purpose of touting some one new book. Whether you are the author under a pseudonym, or a friend of the author's, or merely a really excited fan, it is a practice not looked on kindly. And that is especially so when the touting consists of little or nothing besides "I really liked it, buy the book", with not a clue given, beyond the bare title, to what it might be about or like. And when you scarcely bother to vary the message from forum to forum. (And please do not now try to add anything here.)

Since your various forum posts are the only things whatever turned up by a Google search, I suspect the book is not exactly a smash hit.

If you are not just a sock puppet of the author, then be aware that the way to make people aware of a good new book--or at least one you think good--is to lurk for a while on forums, to see what people say about books there and how they say it there, and only then offer up something, and put some bones and meat into that something.
Cordially,
Eric Walker, webmaster
owlcroft

Return to Author Suggestions